Which Canadian Skilled Visa is Right For You

Which Canadian Skilled Visa is Right For You

Almost every migrant is looking for skilled migration visa to Canada. Often, such come across two terms in their quest: Quebec Skilled Worker Visa and Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Visa.

Many of the prospective migrants consider the two Dubai Canadian visas to mean the same, but they are not! These are completely different programs, having different requirements. While you can apply for any of the two visa types, the success of the application depends on different set of factors. Let’s take a look at each in order to understand which one is perfect for you.

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Visa

This visa applies to all territories of Canada, apart from Quebec. All applications for the FSW Visas are sent to the Canadian High Commission for assessment and processing. In order to apply for this visa type, you must have a one-year continuous full time work experience in a single occupation.

Also, you will have to satisfy all the requirements for English/French. This may require that you take the IELTS test to prove your proficiency in the language skill areas which includes reading, speaking, listening and writing. Also, this visa type requires that you have adequate proof of funds to take care of yourself and your dependents while you are in Canada, till you are established.

The Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Visa uses a point based system to check the eligibility of applicants based on factors such as language skills, education, work experience, age, adaptability and arranged employment.

Quebec Skilled Worker Visa

The Quebec Skilled Worker Visa only allows an applicant to work in the province of Quebec, until after a specific period of time when the holder can decide to relocate to other parts of Canada.

Quebec has got its own immigration process and as such, QSW visa applications are sent to the Quebec Immigration Authority. IN order to apply for this visa, you must have at least a diploma that is commensurate with a Secondary School Diploma in Quebec. You will also need to have at least 6 months of work experience.


Do you live in Dubai or in another country and you have the right skills? Do you need a work permit to Canada? We can be of help to you at Permits and Visas. As regulated Canada immigration consultants in Dubai, we have been able to handle and process many Canadian visa application from UAE for our clients successfully. We are positive we can be of assistance to you. You can reach us via Canada immigration online chat or better still, just fill our free visa assessment form. One of our agents will get back to you to discuss your eligibility and application.