Migrate to Canada As A Skilled Trades Worker

There is a Federal Skilled Trades Program for people who want to become permanent residents on Permits and Visas of Canada based on having a qualification in a skilled trade.

First of all, check your Canadian Eligibility for Visa and make sure your Canada Work Visa is valid. Then, proceed further.

To be eligible to apply, you must have

  1. At least 2 years of full-time work experience on Canadian Work Permit in an eligible skilled trade.
  2. An offer of full-time employment for a total of at 1 year.
  3. A certificate of qualification in a trade (skilled trade). This has to be issued by your province/territory.
  4. Fluency in English or French, in terms of listening, reading, speaking and writing.

What kind of work experience is needed?

Your work experience during the last 5 years must be in technical jobs and skilled trades which are a part of Skill Level B in the Canadian NOC. It stands for National Occupational Classification. The NOC is a system used by the Canadian Government to classify jobs as the jobs are grouped based on the type of work a person does.

People need a college diploma to do these jobs as plumbers, technicians, and electricians.

How do I apply for the Federal Skilled Trades Program?

This information is key. If you are eligible to apply under the FST category, you may submit your profile to Express Entry. Express Entry is an online application system for economic immigration categories. The Canada Express Entry profile you created will get points based on your age, work experience and skills, education level and adaptability.

Check your eligibility for Canadian Visas with our FREE ASSESSMENT

For more information, call out Permits and Visas Immigration Consultants. They will help you with answers on frequently asked questions on Canada Immigration matters. call us on +97145538913.