Australia Visa Country FAQs

Will I have to take a medical exam?

Yes, all immigration applicants must take a medical examination. This is to ensure that you are medical well to enter Australia and are free to contagious diseases.

By |August 25th, 2014||0 Comments

What is the difference between State Nomination and Independent Subclass?

Both Visas subclass are PR but the holder of 190 must live and work in the state which has nominated their occupation for the first two years upon arrival. You will then be free to move to a different part of Australia

By |August 25th, 2014||0 Comments

What is the Australian SOL List?

This stands for Standard Occupation List. This is a resource list used by the Australian government to classify occupations and skill levels .

By |August 25th, 2014||0 Comments

Once approved, how long before I must move?

This is calculated from the date of your approval and is from the date of your completed final medical, you normally have 1 year from this point to make entry. However after the medical you will still need to allow for time for the visa stamping at your nearest consulate office and therefore this […]

By |August 25th, 2014||0 Comments

Do you need to take an English test in order to be eligible for the Australian skilled worker category

Yes, your level of English will gain you points for your visa application. It is a requirement to take a standardized language test in English regardless of your country of nationality.
You will be given points based on your ability to:


By |August 25th, 2014||176 Comments

How long does it take to get a permanent residence visa to immigrate to Australia?

Each application is unique. Processing times depend on the type of visa being applied for. It may take most applicants for permanent residence visas in Australia 10 to 20 months (including the time required to prepare the application before submission) to receive a decision on their visa application.
Spousal cases and temporary work visas can […]

By |August 25th, 2014||0 Comments

What is a Permanent Resident?

This is a right and stamp on your passport granting you the permanent right to live and work in Australia.
You will have to be resident in Australia for two years before qualifying for social welfare assistance (i.e. unemployment benefits) but will be eligible for state medical care.
After four years, you can apply for citizenship, […]

By |August 25th, 2014||0 Comments