Which Canada Permits and Visas to Apply
- Are there different Canada visas and programs?
Yes there are some programs listed below:
- Express Entry – It is new Canadian immigration system which aims at selecting skilled workers for immigration to Canada.
Here are the following programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Visa (FSW) – It is the most sought after program. The government of Canada is wanting to attract qualified foreign workers.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) – A program for permanent residents aspirants based on being qualified in a skilled occupation.
- Canadian Experience Class Visa (CEC) – These are students or temporary workers who have lived in Canada and worked in Canada, and who have a good understanding of English or French, there are required skills for you and a good knowledge of the Canadian society, may apply for a permanent resident visa through this program.
- Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP) – To promote migration of workers in required occupations in all of the Canadian provinces.
- Student Visa – It allows you to study and work in Canada, and in some cases it allows to stay and work for up to three additional years after graduation.
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program – This program is designed to attract qualified foreign workers from around the world to work and live in Quebec.
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program – This Visa allows you to set up your own business in the province of Quebec.
- Caregiver Visa – You are sponsored as a live-in caregiver in this category
- Which is the best immigration program for me?
This question can be answered after evaluating your credentials. There are variety of visa categories each having different set of requirements.
- What is express entry?
Under express entry system, any foreign skilled workers can send application for a permanent residency in Canada by entering into a pool of applicants. Based on the points earned by you for factors like age, work experience, health etc, employers select you up from the pool.
- What is express entry pool?
When you are eligible for any of the Canadian visa categories, you earn points for some factors and based in points a pool of aspirants.
- What is the comprehensive ranking system?
It’s a points based system wherein immigrant’s profile is checked and points added based on some basic factors like age, work experience, health conditions, etc to rank them in express entry pool.
- How does the government charge visa application fees?
Canadian government charges different fees for different programs. It can range from few hundred dollars to several thousands. Fees depends on factors like family size, age and program applied for. This fees is non refundable.
- How is the professional immigration fees charged?
Professional immigration services fees depends on the case, along with factors like type of visa, family size, complexity if case, your economic condition.
In some cases the RCIC (under discretion) may agree on a payment plan that is adjusted according to your financial situation.
- How long is the Canada visa approval process?
Visa processing is a time consuming process. After all the formalities are done it usually takes up to 18 months. Canada Express visa is an exception. It takes approximately 6 months.
- What is Right of Permanent Residence fee?
RPRF is a is a fee that the applicant and his legal partner has to pay while applying for a permanent residence visa. It varied from case to case. This fees keeps on changing as per Canadian legislature.
- What is the meaning of a dependant child?
Children under 19 years of age and single are dependant children.
- Can I include other family members in my application?
Yes you can even if they don’t wish to migrate. They can use this chance to apply for any visa in future.
- What is the benefit of having relatives in Canada?
If you have first degree or second degree relatives in Canada as citizens or permanent residents, you get points for it.
- Is same sex marriage allowed in Canada?
Canada does not place any limit for same sex marriage applicants for immigration. Only condition is it should be certifies in the country your marriage happened in.
- Is medical examination important?
Yes, health assessment is an important requirement for Canada immigration. Any health issues or ailments should be disclosed.
- What are the requirements of police clearance certificate?
Applicants aged 18 years and above are required to submit a police clearance certificate while applying for visa. It should belong to the country where you have stayed for more than 6 months.
- What is done during an interview process?
All applicants are not required to go through the interview process. It is to check the credibility of the documents and you have to present a genuine case to the officers to convince them.
- Are language tests mandatory?
Yes you have to obtain the language skills certificate either of English or French. IELTS and TEF are the recognised tests to be cleared.
- What factors are considered while calculating points for Federal Skilled Worker Visa under express entry?
For FSW visa you need to score 67 points to qualify with maximum of 100 points. Below are the factors:
- English or French language ability. They are IELTS (English) and TEF (French)
- Highest Level of Education
- Work Experience
- Job offer in Canada
- What are the minimum points required for express entry?
Express entry candidates are given points out of 1200 and the maximum points you earn gets you more visibility.
- Does Canada provides dual citizenship?
Yes Canada allows dual citizenship with the condition that the other country must permit it too.
- How long does it take to obtain Canada citizenship?
You should be staying minimum of 3 years in Canada within the last 4 years.
There might be many other queries and questions in your mind regarding Canada visa requirements, our Permits And Visas team of experts can answer all of your queries. Contact us for further information on Canada visa application from Dubai or Canada work permit visa from Dubai. We have a knowledgeable team in managing Canada work visa from UAE.