UK Visa Information
A UK visa is a government document issued by the UK government and it allows foreign nationals to migrate to UK. However, some countries have certain ties with the UK government and citizens of such countries may not really need a visa to enter into the UK. If your country or territorial entity is listed below, you do need a visa to enter into the UK:
- Zimbabwe, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vatican City, Thailand, Togo, Uganda, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Tunisia, Tanzania, Tajikistan, Taiwan, Syria, Swaziland, Surinam, Sudan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Serbia, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, Sao Tome E Principe, Rwanda, Russia, Qatar, Philippines, Peru, Pakistan, Oman Nigeria, Niger, Nepal, Mozambique, Morocco, Montenegro, Mongolia, Moldova, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Macedonia, Macau, Libya, Liberia, Lesotho, Lebanon, Laos, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Kosovo, North Korea, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Jordan, Jamaica, Ivory Coast, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, India, Haiti, Guyana, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ghana, Georgia, Gambia, Gabon, Fiji, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Guinea Bissau, Egypt, Ecuador, Dominican republic, Djibouti, Republic of Congo, Cyprus, Cuba, Comoros, Colombia, Peoples Republic of China, Chad, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Cambodia, Burundi, Burma, Burkina Faso, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bolivia, Bhutan, Benin, Belarus, Bangladesh, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Angola, Algeria, Albania and Afghanistan.
What documents are required?
To satisfy UK Visa requirements, you are required to provide the following (but not limited to)
- A letter of leave from employer
- For the self-employed, evidence of business activity and current financial standing
- Evidence of any property owned in home country
- For students, evidence or letter from school stating which course is to be studied in the UK with the duration
- Proof that you have responsibilities to return to
- Evidence of savings available to you
After a valid UK visa application is submitted, the time it takes for processing varies. You many need to consult with the consulate for further enquiry.
How to Apply
UK Visa applications are accepted either by post, online, in person or sent by courier.
How long is a Visa valid for?
This depends largely on the type of visa. There are many types of UK visas and they include UK Schengen visa, UK Skilled visa, UK tourist visa, UK Investor visa, UK study visa etc. and each has different durations for which it is valid. Usually, validity ranges from 6 months to 10 years.
PERMITS AND VISAS
Permits and Visas can help you applying for either UK Skilled Visa or a Tourist Visa, call our UK Immigration Specialists today for a Free Visa Assessment.