Migrate to Australia with Skilled Visa
The Australia’s Skilled Regional Provisional visa, Subclass 489, is a temporary one that is designed for workers who have good qualifications and skills with good English language capabilities but may not have meet the requirements for the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa. If you are in this category, then you are qualified for the 489 provisional visa.
There are regional areas of Australia with businesses that are currently facing skilled labour shortages and may be finding it hard to hire skilled workers within Australia. This is why the immigration authorities invented the regional sponsorship visa which allows skilled migrants from across the world to apply for work in any of the regional areas of Australia of their choosing.
If the visa gets granted, the applicant will be given a 4 year provisional visa which may lead to permanent residency as long as all the eligibility criteria for the visa are fully satisfied.
For an applicant to have access to the Skilled Regional Visa, Subclass 489, he or she must have been invited to apply for either the state or territorial government agency and:
- Must have been nominated by a territorial government agency or a participating state in the program, or
- Must have been sponsored by an eligible relative who is currently living in the regions of Australia
All who are successful and are issued the visa will have access to apply for Permanent Residency after they must have lived in Australia for at least 2 years and have worked for at least 12 months in a specified Region of Australia.
With the Skilled Provisional visa, the holder is:
- Permitted to live in Australia for up to 4 years and they must secure a job in any of the specified regional area
- Allowed to bring in secondary applicants who are also allowed to work and/or study in any of the specified regional area in Australia
- Eligible to apply for Permanent Residency in Australia
- Eligible to travel to and from Australia while the visa is valid
Are you planning to immigrate to Australia and you have questions about Australian immigration in Dubai? Permits and Visas Dubai Review is here to answer all your questions. Permits and visas offers visa services that are widely acclaimed and recognized in the UAE. If you need reliable and expert Australian immigration consultants in Dubai, Permits and visas is the place to call.
For more information, please fill up our free online visa assessment form and one of our Immigration agents in Dubai will get back to you to discuss your Australian visa options.