Know About Australian Skilled Migrant Visa
The Australia skilled migrant visa program is designed for people who can be of some economic benefit to the country – either by virtue of skills or talents – and offer them an Australia work visa to make such a reality. Similarly this program also aims to fill in the spaces where labor and skills are suffering from shortages in the country.
In 2010/11 alone, The Australia Skilled migrant visa was granted to over 100,000 people who made their way into Australia. This is about two/thirds of total migration that same period and it is roughly the same amount in 2012. This is to show that the route taken by most migrants to migrate to Australia is via the skilled migrant visa.
There are basically 4 different categories where a potential migrant might fall:
- Point Based Skilled migration – People who submit Australia visa application here are assessed based on the attributes they possess such as skills, talents, age, educational background, adaptability etc. and how valuable they can be to the economy.
- Permanent Employer Sponsored Program – The pool of people here are migrants falling into either the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme or those in the Employer Nomination Scheme. Whichever the case is, companies and businesses are allowed to select who fills their vacant positions.
- Business Innovation and Investment Program – This category targets those with immense entrepreneurial and business related skills and are willing to dispense such in Australia.
- Distinguished Talent – This section is for migrants with unique talents in sports, arts etc.
In all of the categories listed above, the candidates are expected to meet all Australia visa requirements for this categories before visas are granted to them and the requirements include:
- Applicants must be below 50 years of age at the time of application
- Must be fluent in English language.
- For those applying via the Nominated occupation category, applicants must pick a skilled job that fits their qualification and skills. These skills will be noted and tested.
- All applicants are required to carry out health assessments to prove they are not carrying any contagious disease such as HIV, Hepatitis and Tuberculosis. Other health matters including pregnancy is also taken into consideration.
- The applicant must be able to prove good character this is verified by proof that there is no criminal record about the applicant.
If you will like to know more about Australia Skilled migrant visa, you are welcome to call us at Permits And visas, our specialist immigration consultants will run an assessment to check your eligibility for any of this programs.