How to Apply for Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program
Federal Skilled Workers are persons with suitable education, work experience, age and language abilities under one of Canada’s official languages and who are selected under the Express Entry Immigration system to apply for permanent residence.
To qualify for admission to the Express Entry Pool as a Federal Skilled Worker, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Possess one-year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment within the previous 10 years in one of 347 eligible occupations listed under the applicable National Occupational Classification system;
- The work experience must be classified within Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations), or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades) within the meaning of the National Occupational Classification system;
- Score sufficient points under the skilled worker point grid comprising of six selection factors. The current pass mark is 67 points;
- Undergo language testing from a recognized third party and demonstrate intermediate level language skills in English or French corresponding to the Canadian Language Benchmark of 7)
- Possess suitable settlement funding;
- Undergo a successful security background and medical examination.
To know more about the Federal Skilled Worker Program of Canada, you can contact Permits and Visas by filling out the Free Canadian Visa Assessment Form on this page. One of our Immigration and Visa Consultants will get back to you and assess your profile whether you are qualified or eligible to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency. You will be evaluated based on your education, age, work experience, English ability and some other important factors.
Contact us today and migrate to Canada in 6 to 8 months.