Denmark Visa or Work Permit?
In most cases, foregoing nationals need to have a residence and work permit before they can start working in a country. In some cases though, foreign nationals can perform a number of work-related activities while in Denmark (on a Denmark visa), without having to hold a residence and work permit.
If your stay in Denmark is shorter than three months, you will be allowed to perform certain types of work-related activities – even if you do not hold a residence and work permit. Such activities generally include teaching/attending a course, or participating in certain meetings/negotiations, training programs and briefings.
You require a residence and work permit only if the point of your visit is to create/ change a product or contribute to the output factor of a company in any way whatsoever.
If your company has supplied technology related equipment to a Danish company, employees who are relevant to the job may fit, install or repair this equipment while in Denmark on a Denmark Visa stay in accordance with the ‘ Fitter rule’ .
The basics of the Fitter rule are as under :
- It is very important that you (and your company) determine whether you require a Denmark Visa or a residence and work permit before your arrival in Denmark.
- If you originally applied for a visa instead of a residence and Denmark Work Permit, it is unlikely that you will be permitted to extend your visa beyond its limit (90-days).
- It is important to clearly indicate the tasks you are to perform during your visit. All elements of the work to be performed must be explained in detail.
- In the case of education or training, you must state in details about what the course content is and what equipment you will be working on.
- It is important that you give a full and detailed description of the reasons for your stay in Denmark.
PERMITS AND VISAS
Permits and Visas can help you decide on which types of suits you best for Denmark migration. Work and live in Denmark with the help of our team of Denmark Immigration Consultants who are well updated when it comes to Immigration rules and regulations as well as jobs in demand in Denmark. Ask for help and talk to one of our Immigration Consultants for a Free Assessment today. Call +971 4 553 8913. We will help you with your Denmark Visa Application.