Canadian Federal and Quebec Skilled Worker Visa
A skilled worker visa is the one that allows a migrant to live and work in the country for a specific period of time. The occupation may be restricted and it can further help in attaining permanent residency.
Canada currently covers two main immigration programs with respect to Canada skilled migrant visa which are points based and requires the worker to take up the occupation listed on the skills shortage list which includes the skills that the country is short of in finding people for amongst their citizens. These categories of Canada work visa and be your way to Canada express entry.
Lets discuss about these two categories of visas that can let you migrate to Canada.
- This visa applies to all territories of Canada except Quebec
- The Canada visa application for this category are sent to Canadian High Commission
- English proficiency test IELTS needs to be cleared and the results are valid for 2 years,
- The Canada visa applications for this category are sent to the Quebec Immigration Authorities
- English proficiency test IELTS needs to be cleared and the results are valid for 2 years
- Under this category you need to pass the TEF exam to prove your French language ability which is also valid for 2 years
- After obtaining this visa you can work anywhere in Quebec for a specific period of time after which you can relocate to Canada to live and work and avail benefits of Canada work permit
While applying for either of the visas, you have to specify the correct category. Canadian Visa Requirements should be checked well. An expert consultant can help you decide the right category amongst various permits and visas.