Canada Federal Skilled Worker Application from Dubai
If you want to work abroad in Canada and you have relevant skills which are desired by the Canadian government, the Federal Skilled Worker (Professional) Program may be for you. It should be noted that all applications under this category are measured and assessed based on the perceived ability of the applicant to settle and become economically established in Canada. If you need more information about that, you can contact Workabroad Canada agencies or visa services provider in your city for more information.
As of January 1st 2015, all federal skilled worker applications are run through the Express Entry Immigration selection system. This means that all who are eligible under the Federal Skilled Worker category must first tender an expression of interest by creating an Express Entry Online profile.
For any applicant to be eligible for Canada immigration PR Visa under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, such must:
- Have at the minimum, a one year continuous full time paid work experience or equivalent in the past 10 years in a recognized skilled occupation; or
- Have qualified for an Arranged Employment in Canada with certification from Labour Market Impact Assessment and a full time job offer on a permanent basis from a recognized Canadian employer; and
- Have passed the required minimum threshold of language proficiency in any of the two official Canadian languages which are English and French.
In addition to the above, applicants applying under this category must have at least 67 points which are based on the selection factors used and endorsed by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. If you want to know whether you can have up to 67 points, you can take a visa assessment from Canada immigration consultants in Dubai who have reputable and are licensed consultants on visas to Canada.
The selection factors are underlisted:
- Education: Candidates can score up to 25 points under this factor
- Language Skills: Based on language proficiency, candidates can get up to 28 total points here.
- Work Experience: Candidates can gather a total of 15 points for experience acquired over 10 years. A score of at least 9 points is mandatory for qualification.
- Age: A total of 12 points is awarded based on age at the time of application.
- Arranged Employment : 10 total points will be awarded if arranged employment in Canada meets certain requirements
- Adaptability: A total of 10 points will be awarded to candidates who demonstrate high adaptability in Canada.
Do you need a job visa to Canada? Are you living in the UAE and don’t know where to start with your immigration to Canada plans? Why don’t you fill up our free online Visa assessment and one of our agents at Permits and Visas will get back to you to discuss your eligibility.