A Way in Migrating to Australia as a Skilled Worker
The Skilled Nominated (Provisional) visa is an Australian sponsored visa for migrants who are skilled who will not mind living and working in any of the regional or low population areas of Australia. A minimum score of 60 points is required as pass mark in order to be qualified for this visa.
Applying for the Skilled Nominated (Provisional) Visa subclass 489
Before a valid visa application lodgment can be made, an Expression of Interest must be submitted first through SkillSelect. This can be done in or outside Australia. All who are able to secure sponsorship from an eligible relative In Australia will receive an Invitation to Apply.
In order to apply, however, the following conditions applies:
- You must have been Invited to Apply
- At the time Invitation to Apply was received, applicant must be younger than 50 years of age
- The nominated occupation must match the skills and experience of the candidate and must be on the Skilled Occupation List
- Must have gone through skills assessment test, as required for the occupation chosen
- Must have the required English Language competence
- Candidate must have at least 60 points in the Points Test
- Candidate must have satisfied the character and health requirements
Visa Sponsorship by a State or Territory Government
Before a candidate can successfully submit a visa application, the skills and work experience is as important as the nomination from the state or territory government. Once the visa has been issued, the holder must retain the visa for up to two years before an application can be submitted for permanent residency.
The following states and territories participate in the Skilled Nominated Provisional visa sponsorship programme:
- New+ South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
Moving from a provisional visa to a permanent visa
A permanent visa can be issued to the holders of the provisional visa
- if they have lived in any regional area of Australia for at least 2 years; and
- If they have been employed for at least 12 months in Australia (including self-employment)
Do you have skills that may be needed in Australia? Do you want to migrate to Australia? Whether you are migration to seek jobs in Australia or just for a visa, Permits and Visas, one of the best Australian immigration consultants in Dubai, is an independent visa outfit that specializes in making visa processes simple and will be willing to help you. If you do not already have access to an immigration consultant in Dubai, you can take advantage of our expertise and experience. Our Australian immigration Dubai agents are sound and knowledgeable in immigration laws and procedures.
Please fill up our free visa assessment form. One of our managers will be in touch.